I try to make a solid veggie side with dinner every night – unless I get lucky with a recipe where the main dish is already loaded up with goodness. Roasting is my go-to favorite method because vegetables seem to get sweeter in the oven, as if you’re slowly drawing the sugar to the surface and then getting that little bit of caramelized crisp on the edges.
How to Make Roasted Parmesan And Herb Veggies
This week I was given 4 Chinese eggplants from my parents garden. I threw in 3 large carrots and half of a gigantic red onion for color and flavor. I diced the eggplant and onion into 1 inch pieces and cut the carrots into small sticks. From there I used a tried and true roasting recipe from Erin Clarke at Well Plated. The recipe calls for a mix of oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. I tossed the vegetables in some olive oil and the seasonings and then spread onto a baking sheet that went straight into the oven. When the vegetables come out, sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and serve.
The Recipe for Roasted Parmesan And Herb Veggies
This recipe is great with just about any mix of vegetables but honestly, I think cauliflower is probably my favorite to use with this one. Be adventurous though and try whatever mix you like; it won’t disappoint. If you give this recipe a try be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what vegetable combination you used. Enjoy!
Roasted Parmesan and Herb Veggies
- 4 Japanese eggplants
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large red onion
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan chesee
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cut all of the vegetables into bite sized pieces, leaving the skin on and place in a large mixing bowl. *You can peel the skin off the carrots if you prefer.
- Season the vegetables with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Then toss everything with olive oil.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, tossing one time halfway through.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with parmesan cheese and continue to roast for 5 more minutes or until done.